Collecting toy dolls is always a favourite hobby of both kids and adults. Kids, just happen to buy toys without any previous knowledge but if you feel your kid is really interested in taking up this hobby, here are a few tips.
- This is a lifetime investment. You will have to spend money. Various dolls have varying prices. And these will be costly as the collection grows. Kids however, will not realize this. But you can teach your kids to buy dolls by spending their own money and they can get dolls as gifts on birthdays and Christmas.
- Before collecting toy dolls, make sure the doll is from a healthy environment. Even when a toy doll is still in its original package or boxing, if it is in the presence of smoke, such as cigarette or cigar smoking, the doll will absorb this smell. Smoke enters any doll packaging and remains there. As it remains in the enclosed space, every part of the toy doll will smell, from its hair to its clothing. The difficult process here is that it can be almost impossible to remove the smell.
- Before buying, check the state the doll is in. Don’t just keep on adding dolls to your collection. Examine each doll. Check the packaging of the doll. Make sure the doll is not in a ragged state.
- Start collecting toy dolls in a safe place. This action prevents toy dolls from collecting dust, dirt, mold, and mildew. These factors are not easy to clean and/or completely remove. The only means of preventing this is to invest in a cabinet where you can still view your toy doll collection, but it will be sealed and not allow harmful elements in. If your child isn’t happy with this then you must understand that their dolls can lose value.
- One important thing to keep in mind while collecting toy dolls is to handle them carefully. You may be tempted to touch your dolls, but refrain from doing so. And if you must touch them, use gloves.
Collecting toy dolls may appear easy to kids but they require maintenance. But at the end of the day, dolls are toys and should be played with. So let your child play however he wishes to play but you should also motivate them to the best of your abilities.